Thanksgiving Weekend

Apparently I have been in a turkey coma for two days, because I just never got around to doing the rest of my Thanksgiving updates.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for. Most of all I am thankful for my great wife and amazing daughter. They make all the problems bearable and all the joys sweeter. I am also thankful for my extended family. Dad, Teresa, and Andrew drove all the way from Knoxville to eat with us, then drove back. I have many other wonderful family members who were in our thoughts if not at our table -- Andre, Heidi, and Harley; Roger and Marilyn, Leanna and Bobby, Jen, Robert, and Mikayla; Mom, Grandma, and Lauren. We are just blessed with a great family.

The turkey turned out well, although I think last year's was better. That may be just colored by memory, because this year's was good.

Yesterday, we just played with Eleanor and watched football. Sarah and Eleanor did not even leave the house. I would not have gone anywhere, either, except that I got a craving for some chips and dip, so I ran to the store for that and picked up some Shiner Bock for Sarah to drink while watching the A&M game.

It was a good game, but even the win reaffirms Coach Fran's suckitude. If McGee can throw like that, then why spend two entire seasons running the option (and hurting your quarterback's development in the process). I was also happy Arkansas won. I am all for a Kansas/West Virginia national championship game.

Not much more on tap for today. More football and I am going to try and grade some papers.

Comments

Popular Posts