New Year. Same stuff?

New Year's has come and gone in the Pope household without much fanfare. Given that everyone still felt under the weather (except me. It looks like I've completely dodged this bug that laid out Sarah and Eleanor, knock on wood), it was very low key. Sarah's parents gave us an Outback gift certificate that had to be used by the 31st, so we did venture out for an early dinner on New Year's Eve. It was very busy, but thanks to call ahead seating and Sarah's foresight, we only had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. Dinner was good, then we came home and put Eleanor to bed. Sarah and I flipped through various New Year's Eve shows to keep us occupied until midnight, then went to bed about 12:15.

I didn't really make any resolutions, but I did list some goals for 2008. These are concrete things I want to accomplish that further general ideals. For example, fitness/health is a general ideal, so one of my goals for 2008 is to run a 5K. Given that I generally avoid running in any form, this is a big goal. There are some others, which I am sure I will touch on later.

Now I am trying to get back into the swing of things with work. I went into the office yesterday for about 5 hours, answering emails and trying to finish up a paper which I'd like to send to a journal before the semester starts. I'll be back there later today, doing the same with an different paper. Now I am at home, waiting for John Harper to drop by so we can all go eat breakfast. He and Amelia flew back into Charlotte last night from their holiday and he's on his way back to Columbia this morning, but is stopping here to eat breakfast with us and his goddaughter. We're looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular Posts