And, lo, the stone was removed!

To quote Jimmy Hendrix, I am now stone free. Although I don't think he was talking about kidney stones and laser surgery. We went to the hospital in Pineville yesterday at about 9:00. I was processed and put in pre-op for an hour or so, then they took me to anesthesia. The last thing I remember was Dr. Doolittle (seriously) saying they were going to give me something to help me relax. Apparently, I relaxed enough to fall asleep. Everything else for the rest of the day was hazy. Apparently I asked Sarah to stop at the bookstore and wrote down a book to get for me. I do remember not being able to talk very well because of serious cotton mouth. I came home, slept, got up when Andre and Heidi arrived, ate a big dinner (I hadn't had anything to eat in 24 hours) then went back to bed. I woke up this morning in a little bit of pain, but nothing too bad. I go back on Friday for a follow up, which will hopefully be the end of the Kidney Stone Saga.

Comments

Popular Posts