As the game unfolded, I decided they needed to encounter someone on the road that wasn't some sort of obvious monster. I came up with the idea of a man cursing vehemently at his wagon that was stuck in the mud and thus Revus was born.
As is usual for me, my winging-it roleplaying got way ahead of my overall adventure planning and NPC plotting. Which is where you come in. Who is Revus and what does he want? Help me out!
Here's what we know, due to me
- Revus is a foul-mouthed man, capable of launching forth an impressive and very creative stream of invective at anyone and anything. This is interesting considering. . .
- Revus is a cleric, who openly converses with his god, typically in a "Why did you do this to me?" tone of wry amusement and put-upon tolerance.
- Revus is physically capable. He has a two handed mace and is broad-shoudered.
- Revus is journeying to Weyland to visit the city's Patriarch. He is obviously not happy about this, nor does he have a high opinion of said Patriarch or Weyland in general. The phrase "maggot-riddled dung heap of waste left by a dying manticore" was uttered several times, though it was not clear if he was referring to the city or the Patriarch.
- Although we do not know his origin, he has journeyed hundreds of miles through monster-infested territory. By himself. On a donkey-cart full of boxes and barrels of unknown contents.
- He's not too sure about the Nameless Cleric. He's not hostile to her, but has given her disapproving glances.
"Suck it, Trebek!"