The University, Red in Tooth and Claw

A red-tailed hawk keeps the campus here as part of his territory (though I am not sure where he nests).  I spotted him this morning as I was leaving the library.  Actually, I heard him first -- the clatter of his talons on the metal lampshade.  I looked up and there he was, enjoying a breakfast of some at this point unidentifiable meat.  My money would be on squirrel.   I snapped a quick photo with my phone.  I can't exactly say why, but catching him looking at me was very cool.

A beautiful fall day here.  Unless you're a squirrel, I suppose.

Comments

  1. I laughed at the last sentence. Hope you're day is going well today and that you're having some time off from work. I'm finally feeling better. Moving about, reading, it's nice.

    Thanks for the well wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts