A Nice Quote from Adventurer, Conqueror, King



My gaming reading lately has been Adventurer, Conqueror, King.  I'll post more detailed thoughts soon; I really do like it, even its many "fiddly bits" as my friend Risus Monkey would say.  But I did come across this quote last night and wanted to share it right away.  It's from the section on dungeon construction and traps.
To kill adventurers with unexpected traps is a hollow pleasure for the Judge; to kill them with traps they decided to trigger, despite every warning of the lethal risks, is deeply satisfying. (p 241)
If nothing else, that demonstrates the Old School roots of ACKS. :)

Comments

  1. That's a beautiful quote -- definitely worth sharing right away, as you say. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quote! Have you had a chance to play the game yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts